16 January 2013

The Best Time For 3d 4d Scan


Yesterday I & Mr Hubby was on leave. We planned to do the 3d 4d scan for our baby. So, we decided to do the 3d 4d scan at Columbia Asia Hospital, Setapak. After registration, we choose to consult with Dr Sudha Kumari. She's very nice and always smile (in fact, she has a very sweet smile).

This week, I'm on 22nd weeks of pregnancy. Dr Sudha explained that the best time to do 3d 4d scan is on 28 weeks to 32 weeks of pregnancy.

The reasons she not encourage us to do the 3d 4d scan at this time (on my 22nd week of pregnancy) because:

     1) The baby is skinny and the size is still small. In fact, baby doesn't have a proper skin and flesh yet. So, the image would not be so clear.

     2) It is better to do 3d 4d scan once or maximum twice for each pregnancy. This is because the wave of the ultrasound might give effect to the baby. The wave and vibration is more higher than 2d scan. Although there is no scientific evidence yet, but according to Dr, it is better safe than sorry. 

She told us that she need to explain first, but then it is up to us whether to do it now or later. So, we take Dr's advice (we don't want to take risk since she is more knowledgeable & experienced). So, we decided to just do the 2d scan.

We're so happy seeing the baby's movement. The baby is soooo active. Most important, the baby also healthy. Look forward to do the 3d 4d scan on my 28 weeks of pregnancy!!

Cheers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi...how was your experience with dr.sudha...I am also seeing her. I m just 2 months pregnant yet. Is she a good gynae?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, she is a good gynea, very friendly and nice person... I just seeing her twice to three times only... She definitely will advise you what is the best for you & your baby... She is actually my other option to deliver my baby after Dr Ramesh (KPJ Penang).... :)

      Delete
  2. Dr sudha is good obgyn..very accomodating.guess what I starter my MC with her @ 34 wks due to premature contraction.she asked me to home rest..she addressed her patients as "my dear"..& having 2 super active kids myself..she wanted the older sibling to see the scan to appreciate d little one. Being very accomodative though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, agreed... she is very friendly and nice doctor... :) :)

      Delete